Cultural Flotsam

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The first post is always the hardest.......

I think the title says it all. I've been staring at this for about 15 minutes before I started typing today. Could be because it's still only 7:30am and after two years of working evenings and overnights, the morning is still an alien concept to me.

The nice thing this morning was being able to cruise in the car listening to the new Junior Boys record: "So this is Goodbye" [KIN]. If you never heard of these guys, you are missing out. This blog is going to focus on stuff like this. Bands and groups you never heard of, making music you never knew you liked at all. That and movies and stuff that just randomly pops into my head while I'm bored at work or up too late and my eye's have turned red.

So far this year, I have been very impressed with the state of Canadian music and a lot of my favourite bands have either put out, or are about to put out, fantastic records. (Yes, I will call them records. Not CD's. I am a vinyl junkie and they will always be records.) I will attempt to give you my impressions on these and someday if you are really lucky (or not, depends on your perspective), I might take the time to sit down and learn the software and inflict my own creations on you.

Today is just the beginning and I look forward to many more of these little conversations (or rants) to come.

Have a great day Kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home