Cultural Flotsam

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I love cheat codes.......

Yesterday was the release date for the new Lego Star Wars game. As I am poor I'm not getting it till Friday but that didn't stop me from playing through the first game in it's entirety. I love the cheat codes though. Currently I am playing with all my characters wearing moustaches that look like they are about to tie a damsel to a traintrack any second. I've been waiting for the release of the second installment for a while now as it's always been a dream (since I saw "A New Hope" in 1977) to be Han Solo with my own Wookie and I now finally have a chance to do so.

On the music side of things.............. yesterday was Mars Volta day!!! The new record is called "Amputechture" and is back to the full on "RAWK" of their first album "De-Loused in the Comatorium". I once again missed seeing them with the Chilli Peppers on tour but have hope that I'll get to see them sometime in the future.

Speaking of live music, my other "one of these days I'll get to go to a show" band Death Cab For Cutie is heading to Ottawa!!!! Ticket purchase will be Saturday and then I'll be happy. (As long as they ain't sold out)

I'll check in with you all later as I should really get back to class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home